I (hopefully) moved all of my blog information back to wordpress.com, and am hoping for a fairly quick reply from Bluehost to refund me my money from my 3 year hosting plan that I paid, minus of course the 5 days of stress when I attempted, unsuccessfully, to use it.
For those of you that have managed to migrate your blog to a self-hosted website, I am beyond impressed. This experience was so stressful to me that I do not know that I would ever attempt it again. And that is really too bad because my control over my blog is again limited.
If you have self-hosted and found an amazing hosting site that did not find it necessary to charge $19.99 just to talk you through the process of moving your domain name, let me know. And no, I did not pay them anything to help me; it did not appear very user friendly right from the get-go.
So, after today, hopefully I can get back on track with my daily blogs, and I apologize for all the errors and non-existent webpages you were likely directed do.
Have a Happy Tuesday!
I really did not think this whole “host-your-own-blogs” thing out before I proceeded to give BlueHost a large chuck of money to move my WordPress blogs there. Not that I did not want to do this, but the timing was really, REALLY bad on my part.
- Last night was my last day of being a 3rd shift Supervisor. I am starting a new position with my company on Monday, and need to get used to working 1st shift again. I was on 3rd shift for 2 ½ years.
- Starting Monday, I will be training in above mentioned position, which I had prior to Supervising, and much has changed since then.
- I took a 2-3 hour “nap” this morning after I got home from work, knowing I had to be at a football game tonight and could not make it that late without some sleep.
- I get physically ill when I do stuff like this to my body. So I am at this moment tired, frustrated, and having pains that I only get when I pull these kinds of stunts.
- My Leadership class for my MBA started yesterday, and this professor seems to be especially detail-oriented. I mean more so than all of the other Professors I have had who have their Doctorate degrees.
- I need to get my 8th grader’s homeschooling stuff straightened out; we seem to have a disconnect between her online school database and our computer.
So, with all of this stuff going on at once, I have no idea what possessed me to just go ahead and begin switching my blogs.
On a positive note, after 2 days, I finally got the nameserver on my Books and Opinions blog to send it to BlueHost. My other 2 blogs? Not-so-well.
I am stalling on doing my discussion questions for my class which are due tomorrow. When I feel overwhelmed like this with numerous things going on at once, I tend to shut down and not take care of any of them. The smart me would do one thing at a time, then move on to the next.
I am not being smart today.
I Hope This Goes Better Than I Am Expecting! Probably not what you expected either, from the title!
I am moving my blogs to a self-hosted website, so I can have more control over how my pages look, as well as what add-ins are displayed. I am hoping for the best, but expecting the worst. So, I will be absolutely devastated if my followers don’t get redirected to my new website as it states it will do.
I know several of you are following two of my blogs, and one of you is following all 3 ( J ). I do not know how long this transition may take, but I will definitely keep them open where they are at until I know I can export everything over.
So, if I disappear for a while, I apologize, I will just be sitting in front of my laptop, crying because I messed something up!
Mom is getting mad at me today. She is still mad about me getting on the stove, stealing a hot dog out of the pan, and taking off with it so I could eat it! Well worth the effort…
Yes indeed, it is true that if a Sphynx cat is cold for an extended period of time, they will begin to sprout hair. We aren’t talking a full coat long haired Persian cat, but likely more hair than you would ever want your Sphynx to have. I have a fuzzy tail, a fuzzy nose, and fuzzy paws. Mom said “That’s it! No more hair allowed, ever!”
Luckily, she always keeps me nice and toasty warm 🙂